Wednesday 18 September 2013

Experimenting with my new SLR

Hey Everyone!!
 
So I bought my first SLR this summer, which I was so excited about and couldn't wait to try it out! It's a Nikon D5200 with a standard 18 -55mm lense. I was lucky to be able to go on holiday with my best friend and her family for a week in Cornwall, so I made the most of the amazing sights when we went walking one evening. I absolutely LOVE the ability to get a really shallow depth of field (compared to my old camera) by altering the aperture. I feel this makes objects and peoples faces stand out way more, which is great for my interest in portrait photography. However, I am still struggling with the large range of controls and am still trying to get used to adjusting the aperture/ISO/shutter speed in manual mode. I'm trying to stay in manual mode as I find in Auto mode, the images don't come as well as I'd like. Anyway here are some of the shots I took, which have been edited.
 













No comments: